2012-04-01

Mumble Server and SSL

Here we are again,

my friendly gentoo server and me, playing "wouldn't be fun without trouble" ;)
Goal:
- murmur as a Mumble server
- startcom / startssl class 1 certificate
Problem:

sslCert=/etc/ssl/startssl/server.pem
sslKey=/etc/ssl/startssl/server_key.pem
did not do the trick. Though it only throws error when you try to connect.
Then I tried different variants of cat-ing together cert and key, cert and intermediate authority, with ca itself, all of it, no luck at all.
Thanks to: http://www.mumb1e.de/de/gemeinde/forum/7-murmur/1151-ssl-zertifikat I tried the right thing:
sslCa=/etc/ssl/startssl/chain.pem
Where chain.pem just contains the ca and the intermediate cert of startcom. sslCert is only my cert and sslKey is only my key.
Hope I saved someone an hour with google ;)

2 comments:

  1. This got me most of the way there. I just upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and my Mumble certificate broke.

    I downloaded the ca-bundle.pem from StartSSL (in the Control Panel) and tossed it into my /etc/ssl/certs/ folder and everything worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my server, I didn't have to do anything except download the ca-bundle.pem from StartSSL (in the Control Panel) into /etc/ssl/certs/ and restart the mumble server with "/etc/init.d/mumble-server restart". Thanks Chase!

    ReplyDelete